My name is Noralea Gipner, and I would love to have you join me as I run for Martinez City Council.
I’m running for City Council because my ability to bridge disagreements and cut out dysfunction is crucial as Martinez is changing and deciding what its future will look like.
As a third generation Martizian, I couldn’t be prouder of our community! I graduated from Alhambra High School in 1972, and I have started and run two different small businesses in our city: my hairdresser business and Main Street Sweets.
I’ve continued my hairdresser business for over 30 years, but in 2003 I sold Main Street Sweets to free up more time to work in our community. Ever since I can remember I’ve volunteered in Martinez, serving on numerous boards and commissions and helping out many of our local organizations.
- Chamber of Commerce, who named me their 2008 Woman of the Year.
- Martinez Exchange Club (their first woman member).
- City of Martinez Parking Commission.
- Martinez Early Childhood Center, where I served on the Board of Directors.
- Saint Catherine’s School, School Auction Chair.
- Martinez Junior High School, Volunteer Coordinator, and served on Committee to pick new principal in 2006.
- Alhambra High School, Oversight Committee for Curriculum
- Shell Run for Education Volunteer.
- Contra Costa Foster Children Program, Christmas Event Volunteer 2015.
- Martinez Celebrate Cycling and Amgen Tour of California, Volunteer Coordinator.
Through this I’ve learned a lot about how our city works, and I’ve thought a lot about where our community is headed in the future.
And as we as a community make these decisions, my knowledge of the city and ability will be very helpful in making sure ALL voices are heard as we grow responsibly.
So please join me, and don’t hesitate to reach out! I’ll continue to be out in the community talking about my campaign, and more important, listening to all of your ideas. I look forward to seeing you out there!